Larry Ullman's Book Forums

Php Text Color

I'm having problems with my text or syntax. I'm currently working on page 65, when I go to setup the array for the list some words are blue and are black. When I go to display header.html in firfox, I see the raw code in browser not the tabs nor text color outline by style sheet. Any ideas?

Ken

You're not really providing enough information here (see the guidelines), but if you're loading header.html directly in your browser, you're going to see the raw code.

Also, to be clear, this book does assume complete comfort with PHP and MySQL.

You're not really providing enough information here (see the guidelines), but if you're loading header.html directly in your browser, you're going to see the raw code.

Also, to be clear, this book does assume complete comfort with PHP and MySQL.

I'm fine with PHP, we are using your PHP and MySQL @ Cincinnati State, also have I all your latest books. I'm using DW3 for design tool. On page 65 when setting up the array for home, about, contact, and register; the home text stays blue and all other text turn black. I have look for any missing quotes or other mis-type syntax, finally, I just copied header.html from source files. Another issue, I'm having problems with my css/images (the tab images) not showing up on main nav when viewing from in preview mode from Dreamweaver 3. I have check my file structure.

Thanks for the interest in the books. As for the text color in DW, I have to say that's not really significant.

As for the images issue, I expect your paths are incorrect or something. I don't use DW, so I couldn't say.

krobinson937, I ran into a similar issue in that my buttons looked nothing like Larry's, and then I realized that there are images for each of the buttons. Make sure you download the images (included with the source code for the first example site) and put them in the proper folder. After that, things should work.

As for the colors, well, I can't comment with more details, but are you applying some sort of class definition to the home element?

krobinson937, I ran into a similar issue in that my buttons looked nothing like Larry's, and then I realized that there are images for each of the buttons. Make sure you download the images (included with the source code for the first example site) and put them in the proper folder. After that, things should work.

As for the colors, well, I can't comment with more details, but are you applying some sort of class definition to the home element?

No definition, just outline on page 65 4.Create an array of pages:

$pages = array(

'Home' => 'index.php',

'About' => 'about.php',

'Contact' => 'contact.php',

'Register' => 'register.php'

);

Home link stays blue and all other links turns black. Keep in mind I'm using DW3.