Larry Ullman's Book Forums

Different Page Style For Other Pages

Hi,

I'm still working on my website with the help of this book but I'm confused again about something that should be quite simple. When using PHP to bring the header, content page (registration, login, other page), and footer together, what do you do if you want certain pages (such as a registration page) to have a different style, such as 2 columns compared to other pages that have say, 3 columns?

Do you just build your registration page that's 2 column with different divs and classes (for css), and then include a different header or footer if need be? the way the book outlines it, every page will be the same, be it 2 or 3 column for your main template.

Well, the header and footer and CSS could or could not dictate the layout of the page, depending upon how everything is put together. So you could just create the X columns in the primary file and the header, footer, and CSS are the same. Or you could create one header, footer, and CSS combo for the X column layout and another for the Y column layout. If that's the case, you'd just include the other header, footer, and CSS combo when a different style is needed.