Larry Ullman's Book Forums

Problem With The Test

Hi all,

I have tested the coffee e-commerce on my local computer after finishing the final.html file. My local php version 5.3.5 and mysql version 5.5.8 Unfortunately, I am having some errors when I try to go through the transaction part.

After clicking "Place order" on billing.php, I saw error message "Fatal error: Call to undefined function curl_init() in C:\xampp\private\gateway_process.php on line 45"

I will present the gateway_process.php below:(The line in bold is a problem line")

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<?php

// This script makes the actual request of the payment gateway.

// Authorize.net URLs:

if ($live) {

define ('GATEWAY_API_URL', 'https://secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll');

} else {

define ('GATEWAY_API_URL', 'https://test.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll');

}

// Your account info:

$data['x_login'] = '6m8yNMYY27';

$data['x_tran_key'] = '3Y5a3rEsxj2u6T7D';

// AIM Stuff:

$data['x_version'] = '3.1';

$data['x_delim_data'] = 'TRUE';

$data['x_delim_char'] = '|';

$data['x_relay_response'] = 'FALSE';

// Transaction stuff:

$data['x_method'] = 'CC';

// Order info:

$data['x_amount'] = $order_total;

$data['x_invoice_num'] = $order_id;

$data['x_cust_id'] = $customer_id;

// For testing purposes:

// $data['x_test_request'] = 'TRUE';

// $data['x_amount'] = 6.00;

// Convert the data:

$post_string = '';

foreach( $data as $k => $v ) {

$post_string .= "$k=" . urlencode($v) . "&";

}

$post_string = rtrim($post_string, '& ');

// This sample code uses the CURL library for php to establish a connection,

// submit the post, and record the response.

// If you receive an error, you may want to ensure that you have the curl

// library enabled in your php configuration

$request = curl_init(GATEWAY_API_URL); // initiate curl object

curl_setopt($request, CURLOPT_HEADER, 0); // set to 0 to eliminate header info from response

curl_setopt($request, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1); // Returns response data instead of TRUE(1)

curl_setopt($request, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, $post_string); // use HTTP POST to send form data

curl_setopt($request, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, FALSE); // uncomment this line if you get no gateway response.

$response = curl_exec($request); // execute curl post and store results in $post_response

curl_close ($request); // close curl object

// This line takes the response and breaks it into an array using the specified delimiting character

$response_array = explode($data["x_delim_char"],$response);

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your help and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks for your info.

I am using xampp 1.7.4. and I enabled the curl by uncommenting the line: extension=php_curl.dll in xampp/php/php.ini-development and xampp/php/php.ini.production. And restarted Apache.

However, it still doesn't work.. Did I make a mistake on uncommenting??

Thank you for your help again and look forward to hearing from you soon.

I couldn't find the curl section on phpinfo. But I found php.ini and uncomment extension=php_curl.dll. I thought I needed to fix php.ini-production and php.ini-development files.

Now, it's working well. Thanks for your help and effort. Strangely, my phpinfo() doesn't show you curl information. If you install xampp 1.7.4 on your computer and execute phpinfo(), you will see.

Thanks again for your help.