Larry Ullman's Book Forums

Forum Update

Larry

I just updated the forum software to the latest version. It has some new features, which will hopefully be appreciated. It may take me a day or two to get everything in terms of appearance and functionality to where I want it, though (the update required that I recreate the template). Apologies in advance for any inconvenience!

Yeah. Of course the IPB logo is breaking the design a bit, but I'm sure such things are not worth commenting on. Of course the'll be replaced in time. There will always be small tweeks after a design update.

As for the theme in general, it looks very good. Better than the last one.

Thanks, Antonio, for the input. By "better than the last one", do you mean better than the one that matched my main site? If so, let me know what you didn't like, because otherwise my plan was to duplicate that effort!

• 2 weeks later...

How are you using IE 6? I want to try it out.

Also, stop updating the forums! It seems like every month there's a new forum and all those old posts are gone. I'd still like to read my old posts back when I had no clue what was going on ("How do you code a blog?").

It's taken years of reading your books for me to reach the "mediocre level." :)

Lou, upgrading the forum doesn't do anything with the old posts. Back in March I switched from one forum software to another, and didn't import the old messages. So those old messages are in the old forum (they're not gone either). These software updates to the new forum software has no impact on the messages therein.