Larry Ullman's Book Forums

You'd think that I, as the writer, would know something about this, and yet I don't. After logging in to my Peachpit account, I just registered my copy of the book:

http://www.peachpit.com/store/register.aspx?i=9780132767613

Then it shows up in my list of registered products, which "gives you access to related supplementary content, such as bonus chapters, project files, and images." And then I have no idea how to get the supplementary content, such as that bonus appendix. I'll see what my editor says. Sorry about that!

There is an appendix, but for page count reasons it got moved to a downloadable PDF. Most of the appendix is installation and MySQL user management, neither of which is frequently done. In order to put that 18 page appendix in the book, I think we would have had to add something like 32 physical pages, and the book was already over 700. Someone emailed me today saying they just got their copy from Amazon.

Still waiting to hear back on where the mysterious appendix is on Peachpit's site.

It looks like the appendix and other bonus content just became available. Sorry for the delay. After registering with Peachpit, register your book. Then on your account page, click Registered Products. Next to the book, you'll see a green link that says "Access Bonus Content". As I write this today, the bonus content includes:

• Video: Using the PHP Manual
  • Video: Basic Debugging
  • PDF: Appendix

Sorry for the delay.