Larry Ullman's Book Forums

I think it's already installed in xampp. Inside the php folder which is inside xampp.

Hi,thanks for reply me,pear is install in xampp, but can you provide information about how to activate it? I already read the documentation,but still can't activate it.

There's nothing to activate I don't think. What are you trying to do? The only thing you may have to do is make sure the package you want to use is up to date. But experience tells me that often PEAR packages aren't maintained I just tried to require the benchmark timer script and also the Auth.php it returned a Deprecated error and fatal error respectively. The fatal error problem I am going to look into as I think that it can be rectified. But what are you trying to do with PEAR?

There's nothing to activate I don't think. What are you trying to do? The only thing you may have to do is make sure the package you want to use is up to date. But experience tells me that often PEAR packages aren't maintained I just tried to require the benchmark timer script and also the Auth.php it returned a Deprecated error and fatal error respectively. The fatal error problem I am going to look into as I think that it can be rectified. But what are you trying to do with PEAR?

Sorry to bother you again,

I try to use the pear package code and based on reference book,

I have to manually execute go-pear.bat.

I can't find this file and can't use all the package code.

I can't open pear by window command prompt too.

Is this is Larry's book? I don't have it. To pen the command prompt you need to type cmd in the run/search facility in Windows start up. But you also need to set you system environmental path to the write location. Maybe this will help you achieve this so the command prompt works.

http://www.blog.highub.com/php/running-php-using-windows-command-line-with-xampp/

Is this is Larry's book? I don't have it. To pen the command prompt you need to type cmd in the run/search facility in Windows start up. But you also need to set you system environmental path to the write location. Maybe this will help you achieve this so the command prompt works.

http://www.blog.highub.com/php/running-php-using-windows-command-line-with-xampp/

I am sorry for my act,

If I offended you,I don't mean to.

I just feel helpless and thanks again for your time