Larry Ullman's Book Forums

Hi Larry,Please Help Me About Pear

It may be not appropriate to post here but I can't find any one to help(the authors are not reply).

Do you use PEAR?

I know that XAMPP 1.7.7 have install pear and the package automatically.

The book that instruct me is execute go-pear.bat,which don't include in XAMPP 1.7.7.

This is fine because the pear have installed, but the PEAR_ENV.reg, which I can't get it.

I can't use the window command prompt (cmd) to use the pear code, maybe because of environment variable.

Please help me , Larry .

I am window 7 user.

Thanks a lot for your precious time.

Malaysian,

you shouldn't really start a new topic just because you haven't been given the answer you want in another topic.I have tried to help you, obviously there is a language barrier, which I sympathise with, but unfortunatley it doesn't help us trying to resolve your problem.

please answer these questions:

1) Have you used the link i gave you to try and set up your system environment.

2) what happens when you try to use the command prompt?

3) What do you need PEAR for?

Malaysian,

you shouldn't really start a new topic just because you haven't been given the answer you want in another topic.I have tried to help you, obviously there is a language barrier, which I sympathise with, but unfortunatley it doesn't help us trying to resolve your problem.

I try the link,but I will try it further by adding "pear" behind the php from the environment variable

Perhaps it will work.

The cmd output ....not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

I use the command prompt to find the PEAR code.

The pear code is actually a block of code.

This can build php program more faster.

Thanks a lot for reply me.

Malaysian,

It .......show output.....man!!

Malaysian, I will delete all your posts and block your account if you keep up this behavior. I gather English may not be your first language, but your use of these forums thus far is completely unacceptable. Read the guidelines before you post again! And when you do post again, make sure you:

• Use a meaningful subject line
  • Include the versions in use, where applicable

I am very bothered by the fact that you posted the same thread twice. That's extremely inconsiderate.

I will be happy to assist (once you start abiding by the forum guidelines), but you must show some consideration here. You're asking for free help from strangers, and all I ask is that you abide by some simple and reasonable rules.