Larry Ullman's Book Forums

Receipt.Php

Hello Larry et al.

I know that the receipt.php script is not written in the book. So I'll ask here.

Being new to this and working my way through (more like hacking/hashing my way through), PHP has PDFlib functions some have been deprecated but there should be a way to create a sales receipt that you could place LOGO (shop stationary), ORDER NUMBER, ITEMS ORDERED, COST (each), COST (total), CARD (last 4), FOOTER (address of store or a coupon good for next purchase (image) amongst a few other items.

This could be placed into it's own table for reference as well as be printed by the customer. As I would like to try to create this on my own, could you just let me 1) know if it's possible, 2) am I on the right track with PDFlib and 3) would it be worth my time as the receipt could be past to an html file using a css to define it's look...

Thanks, this is my second time around reading your book Larry

Todd

Yes, it's possible. And you could either use HTML (and a plain text alternative) or a PDF. Either way, it's up to you. I wasn't aware that PDFLib functions were deprecated but admittedly I haven't used them in a while. There's a PDF module in the Zend Framework.

So ZEND it is, Thank Larry.

The stationary is set to a pdf file type, including the LOGO, TAG LINE and ADDRESS at the bottom. Using the Zend Framework I can modify the pdf to include the purchase information.

To make this happen it need to be set as a txt document then appended to the org pdf.

Thanks again for the books and the pointers!!

Todd