Larry Ullman's Book Forums

AHA! SUCCESS! lol ty so much for the help on that problem. oh and btw, one thing i have noticed in a lot of PHP/MySQL books is that they don't really mention at least not use the example needed directly to get it to where if the website is a "Classifieds" website, how do i make it possible to allow people to fill in the Posting Form, add photos if needed, preview it and then see it on a post listing page?

• 2 weeks later...

I think if you go through the book from beginning to end, you'll learn all of the pieces you need to accomplish your goal. I have the second edition of the book, so I can't speak to the examples in the edition you have, but there is a section on file uploads, user registration, content management, and e-commerce. By applying what you learn in those sections, you should know how to do just about anything that you can do with PHP and MySQL.

I've gained all of my PHP knowledge from the second edition of this book, plus Larry's PHP 5 Advanced, by starting with chapter one and progressing through the book in order, and typing the scripts myself. Each chapter builds on what you learn in previous chapters, and I think you'll have an easier path if you don't jump ahead, at least with this book. The PHP 5 Advanced book is different, though. You can read those chapters in just about any order.

• Upvote 2