Larry Ullman's Book Forums

Greetings,

I noticed Chapter 6 (pg138) mentioned how authorize.net is comparable to using PayPal's Website Payment Pro Solution. How simple would this process be if all the instructions in Chapter 10 are followed with authorize.net?

I definitely agree with abigail that there is a vast amount of information out there and much of what I found seemed to be designed for advanced programmers. I created the testing environment and downloaded the PP.PHP.NVP file which contains sample code for name-value pairs.

Thanks!

Hello Larry,

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking about here: using Authorize.net for the first example or PayPal's Website Payment Pro for the second. But in either case, it shouldn't be that hard as the principles are largely the same (the latter change is more directly comparable).

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Larry,

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking about here: using Authorize.net for the first example or PayPal's Website Payment Pro for the second. But in either case, it shouldn't be that hard as the principles are largely the same (the latter change is more directly comparable).

Greetings,

Sorry for not being very clear with my question. However, you did answer what I intended on asking. Thanks! For some reason, I am having a hard time integrating Website Payments Pro in the coffee example. I was able to fully utilize the authorize.net example and everything worked like a charm! Would you be able to provide any assistance with integrating Express Checkout?

• Upvote 1

I can certainly try, but mostly it'll be me looking through the PayPal documentation to find you the answers.

Hello,

I went as far to purchase:Paypal APIs Up and Running by Michael Balderas. The book mentions an Express Payment Integration located at: https://www.paypal-labs.com/integrationwizard/epaypal/main.php

I have attempted the integration many times and no luck..... Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Okay, that's a big question. I'll look into it and see about writing a blog posting explaining how to use PayPal Website Payments Pro for the Coffee site example. Just so you're prepared, it'll probably take me some weeks to do all that. I'll post a link to it here once I've done it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...