To be as frank and clear as I can, if you’re interesting in self-publishing at all, you must buy the book “APE: How to Publish a Book by Guy Kawasaki and Shawn Welch”. No, I have not read every book on self-publishing that exists, but I doubt there are any as good and as thorough as APE, let alone better.Continue Reading...
Archives For publish
I am happy to report that my presentation “How to (not) Get Rich Writing Books” has been selected for the 2013 Pittsburgh TechFest. Pittsburgh TechFest is a one-day event on software development and related subjects. Tickets are only $10, which includes lunch (it’s a steal if you’re anywhere near Pittsburgh). Tickets will go on sale in early April. You can follow Pittsburgh TechFest 2013 on Twitter at @pghtechfest13.
My specific presentation is a new one for me, and one that I’ve been thinking about giving for a little while now. I’ll have an hour time block at Pittsburgh TechFest. Right now, the outline of my presentation looks like…Continue Reading...
In this edition…
- About This Newsletter
- >On the Road => True North PHP Conference
- On the Web => How to Write a Book
- On the Web => 5 Rules to Sell Thousands of Copies of Your eBook
- On the Web => Scrivener
- On the Blog => What It Means To Be A Writer
- On the Blog => How Much Should I Charge for the Yii Book?
- What is Larry Thinking => Self-Publishing, Part 1
- Book Giveaway => “PHP Advanced and Object-Oriented Programming: Visual QuickPro Guide”
- Larry Ullman’s Book News => “PHP Advanced and OOP” and “The Yii Book”