My first book, PHP for the World Wide Web: Visual QuickStart Guide, came out about 12 years ago now (it covered both PHP 3 and 4!). In the dozen years since then, I’ve written 22 more books (including revisions), with three different publishers. About 2-3 years ago, I first started thinking about self-publishing a book, and as of Fall 2012, am finally doing so with The Yii Book. I occasionally get asked, probably by people that also want to self-publish, about the tools I’m using for writing and self-publishing this book: technically speaking, how am I doing it? The introduction to the book does discuss this, but as not everyone has purchased the book, I thought I’d write up my process.Continue Reading...
Archives For self-publish
In this edition…
- About This Newsletter
- >On the Road => True North PHP Conference
- On the Web => How to Write a Book
- On the Web => 5 Rules to Sell Thousands of Copies of Your eBook
- On the Web => Scrivener
- On the Blog => What It Means To Be A Writer
- On the Blog => How Much Should I Charge for the Yii Book?
- What is Larry Thinking => Self-Publishing, Part 1
- Book Giveaway => “PHP Advanced and Object-Oriented Programming: Visual QuickPro Guide”
- Larry Ullman’s Book News => “PHP Advanced and OOP” and “The Yii Book”