Larry Ullman's Book Forums

Object Oreinted Code For Shopping Cart

No the author decided to write the code in a mostly procedural approach stating that it could easily be converted into object oriented instead of the other way round. I've only started on the effortless ecommerce book, PHP as always takes a bit time to get your settings correct. Previous PHP and MySQL knowledge would be an advantage otherwise it could be difficult to understand the terms. I think it all really depends on how quick you are to learn.

many thanks

I am actually going through the two other books on php

PHP and MySQL for Dynamic Web Sites: Visual QuickPro Guide (4th Edition) by Larry Ullman

and

PHP for the Web: Visual QuickStart Guide (4th Edition) by Larry Ullman

I realised that the dynamic websites had overlapping chapters so istarted that tooo its good consolidation of what I already learnt in PHP for the web. I have a fe chapters left in PHP for the web and then im done with that.

The reason I asked was that i was thinking of going through:

PHP Advanced and Object-Oriented Programming: Visual QuickPro Guide (3rd Edition) by Larry Ullman

Before i did efortless ecommerce book as I wernt sure if that was written in Object oriented I guess after the PHP and MySQL book I can start with the effortless ecommerce .... I must say so far I am finding it easy to understand how to code in PHP the books are really well organised and they actually make you think about how you would actually apply what you learn in a real project. I cant wait to create my first full ecommerce site ... Ive already got the books waiting for me...lol

Thanks for the advice much appreciated