Larry Ullman's Book Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jonathon

Editor Keeps Saving Only Part Of Threads

Hi Larry

I've experienced this a few times, but it is monumentally more upsetting when you have a large post. But I'll write a big post have several blocks of code and it will just chop most of the message away. If I had to guess I'd say it tends to be when there is a use of [ code ] blocks. But I can't be sure. Obviously this isn't your fault, but I thought I'd let you know.

Thanks

Jonathon

I just experienced that myself for the first time yesterday in the following post:

http://www.larryullman.com/forums/index.php?/topic/2146-buttons-not-opening-page/

And like you said, Jonathon, my post got cut off right after a code block.

I've had similar problems in the past too with losing parts of posts, so I've gotten into the habit of always copying and pasting my entire post into a text file before I hit the post button, in the event that something like that happens.

Also, I like to copy the whole post to a text file because it's easier to edit/spell-check and format code.

Sorry about that one and all. I have to do a minor upgrade of the forums, maybe that will fix the problem.