Larry Ullman's Book Forums

Continue Do Not Seem To Be Working

I have two arrays one with values set by the user to filter out certen foods, and saved to the db the other is a second set of values created when someone enters a recipe. These 9 vars can be set to either "yes" or "no".  In this code the users filters are $Eggs22 and the recipe var are $Eggs without the 22. I have put together a small pice of code to do this but when I use the word "continue" to stop the filter and go back to the top of the while loop to get the next set of records to filter. If the $Eggs22 and $Eggs do not match I need to drop that record and get the new one and if they do match then it needs to just move to the next case:

Can anyone see what I have done wrong I get the records weather the vars match or not.

or is there an easier way. Still new to this .

$n="no";
$k="yes";

switch ($n)
{
case $Eggs22:
  if($Eggs22!==$Eggs){continue;} 

case $Fruitose22:
	if($Fruitose22!==$Fruitose){continue;}

case $Gluten22:
	if($Gluten22!==$Gluten){continue;}

case $Lactose22:
	if($Lactose22!==$Lactose){continue;}

case $Nuts22:
	if($Nuts22!==$Nuts){continue;}

case $Soy22:
	if($Soy22!==$Soy){continue;}
}

switch ($k)
{
case $LowFat22:
	if($LowFat22!==$LowFat){continue;}

case $Diabetice22:	
	if($Diabetice22!==$Diabetice){continue;}

case $Vegan22:
	if($Vegan22!==$Vegan){continue;}

}

I really don't understand your example and you don't have a loop in the code you've posted. I also don't know why you're assigning "no" and "yes" to variables and doing switches on them. I could probably make some recommendations if I better understood what's going on. Could you rephrase your situation and perhaps show some values?