Larry Ullman's Book Forums

Error In Email_Receipt.Php

I am getting this error message when running the email_receipt.php script:

An error occurred in script '/home/content/j/w/a/jwarrenn1/html/texas-overland-outfitters/library/Zend/Mail.php' on line 972:

date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Denver' for 'MST/-7.0/no DST' instead

I did not change any code from the book and have tried both the full and minimal versions of the Zend Framework. There isn't any mention of changing any of the code in the Zend Framework library folder. Is there something that I am missing?

I am using:

MYSQL 5.0.77

PHP Version 5.2.14

I have tried both:

Zend Framework 1.11 minimal (as suggested in the book) &

Zend Framework 1.11 full

If this is a live server it is often a requirement that you set the timezone using the function listed above. I usually just put this in my config file and you should be fine. Just look up the function on php.net to see what is the best timezone to pass it for you.