Larry Ullman's Book Forums

Hi Kobena,

You'll have to provide some more information on exactly what you're trying to do along with the source code you can't get to work - as your posts a little vague at the moment. I can't remember anywhere in this book that has a comments section unless you're talking about forum posts. The premise for allowing an edit of a comment would be exactly the same as a single string in a text input - the only difference is that you supply a value to a textarea differently than to a text input. E.g.

Text input:

echo '<input type="text" value="' . $value . '">';

Textarea:

echo '<textarea name="comment">' . $value . '</textarea>';

If that's not the issue that you're encountering then, like I said you'll need to supply source code and post your software versions as per the forum guidelines.

• Upvote 1

Hi Kobena,

You'll have to provide some more information on exactly what you're trying to do along with the source code you can't get to work - as your posts a little vague at the moment. I can't remember anywhere in this book that has a comments section unless you're talking about forum posts. The premise for allowing an edit of a comment would be exactly the same as a single string in a text input - the only difference is that you supply a value to a textarea differently than to a text input. E.g.

Text input:

echo '<input type="text" value="' . $value . '">';

Textarea:

echo '<textarea name="comment">' . $value . '</value>';

If that's not the issue that you're encountering then, like I said you'll need to supply source code and post your software versions as per the forum guidelines.

Thanks. Exactly what i was looking for