Welcome to the companion Web site for the book C++ Programming: Visual QuickStart Guide, written by Larry Ullman and Andreas Signer and published by Peachpit Press in December 2005 (ISBN 0-321-35656-X).
Beside the handful of pages dedicated to this edition of this book, there’s plenty of other content on LarryUllman.com that you might be interested in. Use the “Post Categories” links above to browse by general topic.
You can download the code for the book using the link below. If you have any questions or problems, I’d recommend using the book’s corresponding support forum, where you’ll get the fastest answer.
Update on Dev-C++
It looks like Dev-C++, the IDE I recommend in this book for C programming on Windows, has not been developed in nearly five years now and the URL for Dev-C++ is no longer live. I’ve written about alternatives to Dev-C++, and where you can still get the old version of Dev-C++, if you want, in this blog post. My apologies for the inconvenience but things like this are well beyond my control.
Every script in the text is available here to be downloaded. Some things you should know:
- Although these scripts are named or numbered as they are in the book, they do include any updates and changes as warranted by errors that were found after publication. Thus, if you are having problems with a particular script, download the most current version here or check the errata section.
- These scripts have been formatted with line breaks that will work on most systems running most text editors. If you have difficulty opening a script, try:
- adjusting the way your text editor treats text files
- using a different text editor, if possible
- posting a message to the online forum, asking for help
Complete Set of Scripts
cpp_scripts.zip (82 KB, last modified 10/26/2009)