Larry Ullman's Book Forums

Where Are Downloads For P189 Inserts?

At the top of page 189 (chapter 6), under “TO Perform FULLTEXT Searches:” it says

“Thoroughly populate the messages table, focusing on adding lengthy bodies.

Once again, SQL INSERT commands can be downloaded from this book’s corresponding Web site.”

I can't find these. I've looked everywhere I could think of. I thought they'd be in the sql_utf8.sql file but they are not.

Am I missing something? Is the book wrong?

Please help, anyone who can.

Sorry about the confusion. Unfortunately I had a loss of data some time ago that cost me the extended SQL commands. I had hoped some previous readers might be able to provide them to me, but that's not been the case thus far. You can use the ones in the SQL file and just expand upon the data, or make up your own and change the queries accordingly.

A distinct possibility! I'm sure to lose my mind when I try updating that table without the stuff from the website, so I'll keep an eye peeled for your data. Is there a reward? Something more useful than a hearty "THANK YOU SO MUCH" I mean...

Sure thing. If you can find the missing SQL commands, or provide me with some good ones you create one your own, I'll give you a signed copy of the fourth edition of the book. How's that? Please take an image of the SQL commands and make up a reward sign to post on your neighborhood telephone poles!