Larry Ullman's Book Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Larry

New Forum Look

As you may noticed, I've implemented a new look for the forum, one that matches my main site's appearance. Undoubtedly I'll continue to tweak a few things here and there. Let me know if there are any major problems. Thanks!

• Upvote 1

From a user point of view, would be nice if the recent topics list in the side-bar was at the top so you can check at a glance on page load without having to scroll down.

I agree with rob's comment. Also it would be good if the author and date of the most recent comment for each thread were displayed as per the previous version.

Yeah, the removal of latest topics/comments on the main forum page for non-logged-in members or visitors now forces users to sign up and log in to get that functionality.

Personally, I don't want to have to log in unless I'm actually starting a topic or posting a comment; I doubt I'm unique in this.

Okay, thanks for your input. I'll see what I can do. The latest topics/comments was actually because I changed a setting about what guests can do. I'll change that back.

it would be good if the author and date of the most recent comment for each thread were displayed as per the previous version.
Thanks for making that change.