Larry Ullman's Book Forums

Chap 11 - Upload Permission Issue

Hello,

I am currently working through this book and and am stuck on Chapter 11 Uploads. I am able to get the file to upload but seems to have a permissions issue. The file doesn't inherit the folder permissions and therefore makes it not viewable once uploaded. I have to manually go into the settings of the file to and allow access to me so I can view the upload. I have the folder permissions set to full control to System and Me(Admin).

I am using Windows with Zend server.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Mike

Thanks Larry for the reply. This is a file system issue. It will not let me access the file unless I specifically give myself access to that file. If i access the file through PHP it does show up. I didn't try it before, just figure if I couldn't access via file system PHP wouldn't be able to access it either.

Is the file supposed to be restricted at the file system?

It's not that it's restricted, the file is just owned by the Web server. It doesn't matter that it's not available through the file system because the file's expected to be accessed through the Web server. This is a bit confusing on your own computer (where you can otherwise access files via the file system), but that's the intent anyway.