Larry Ullman's Book Forums

Hello Larry,

Thank you very much for writing the book, I've been working my way through it since a friend recommended it to me, and I've been really surprised at how easy to follow and understand it is for someone who doesn't really have any coding experience.

It's probably a strange question, but I was wondering what level you would consider someone to be once they have completed the book and understand it all?
For example, would you consider them to still be a beginner, or an intermediate PHP developer?

Thank you very much again, and for your time,

Kind regards,

Andrew.

Thanks for the question and for the nice words! I would say in terms of familiarity with the concepts, you'd be an intermediate PHP developer by the end of this book. Maybe a low-end intermediate if I'm being conservative. The main thing you'd need from there is practice and experience, which no book can give you. Just a matter of doing now!

Hello Larry, that's no trouble at all, and thank you too for answering my question, I really appreciate it:) I'm definitely going to be looking for some projects to gain some experience with now!

Thank you again:)