Larry Ullman's Book Forums

Yii Book? No, It's The Priceless Web Application Bible By Larry Ullman

saniko

Larry,

I can't wait for you to put the Yii Book up on Amazon so I can give it a 5 star review. Sure, the Yii Book is taking a lot longer than I anticipated.  However, I have never read a book that has so thoroughly blown away my expectations.  This is not a just a book on a single PHP framework; it is a bible on how to design the best web applications on the Internet.

Your book has taught me more about object-oriented PHP, MVC, caching, URL routing, exception handling, web services, access control, secure web design, and profiling than any book I've ever read.  Even when the world moves on from Yii, I will never forget how your book tied together so many disparate pieces into one coherent masterpiece.

You're a genius.  I can't wait for your chapter on Unit Testing.  Keep up the wonderful work and add a donation page on the yii.larryullman.com site.

Take care,

-saniko 

Hello Saniko,

Thank you very, very much for the kind words. I'm so glad you're liking the book and it's nice of you to say so. Just really great. Thank you again!

I'm pretty sure it won't ever go on Amazon, however, but I appreciate the offer of a 5 star review. A donation page is a nice thought. Kind of feel iffy about the idea, but we'll see.

The important thing is that the book is working for you, and I thank you for your message!