Larry Ullman's Book Forums

Finding Your Authorize.Net Api Login Id And Transaction Id

Hi Everyone,

On page 253, Larry talks about how in the email you receive for signing up with Authorize.net, you will receive IN THAT EMAIL the API login ID and the transaction key you will need later, on p. 296.

I think things have changed, at least when setting up a test account. In the confirmation email, I got the following message:

If you need your test account's API Login ID and Transaction Key, simply log in to the Merchant Interface and click "Account." Then click "API Login ID and Transaction Key." Your API Login ID will be displayed. For security reasons, you cannot view your Transaction Key. Instead, you must generate a new one. To do this you will need the Secret Answer to the system-generated Secret Question, which is "XXXXXX".

Just thought I would point this out, because I missed this paragraph and spent 45 minutes trying to figure out where my API Login ID and Transaction Key were located.

I don't know if I should be posting this as it is not a question, but I figured maybe it will help someone in the future.