Larry Ullman's Book Forums

Since Php6 Is Unavailable So What Shoud I ?

thanks sir and mam,

you wrote great book . But i have some problem please help me , here it is describes

Upto chapter 13 everything was going fine and 'm understanding everything i need to . but as soon as i started chapter 14 i was quite disappointed ..since there is no php6 so no support of Unicode in 5.3.4 php.

so please recommend me the chapters which i can learn it without php6 . If it is not possible , what you say if i purchase PHP 5 Advanced Visual Quickpro Guide .

Btw, i'm not yet matured with php mysql although now i understand code by simply seeing it but you can understand without practical knowledge it is unmatured . so going into advance guide without maturity sounds like crap ..

please tell me what to do .... my preference is to read your book .. i love you kinda code ..

For starters, you can also check out this thread: http://www.larryullman.com/forums/index.php?/topic/450-there-is-no-php-6-version-why-then-does-this-book-has-php6-as-title/ The only part of the book that requires PHP 6 is about half of Chapter 14. And that functionality can now be done in PHP 5.3, depending upon your setup. However, you may want to decide whether you need some of that ability before making any big changes.

Thanks for the nice words on my work!