Larry Ullman's Book Forums

Hi All,

I am new to this forum and apologize if this topic has been covered before, I did a search but could not find an answer. I have no formal training in programming and have been learning "on the job".

I need to stop a member from registering twice for an event, if they have already registered I need to redirect them to a new page(should be simple enough). I am testing locally using Mamp on my iMac.

What happens at the moment is that I am taken to a blank page with the words CAN YOU SEE THIS TEST is displayed. Can anyone assist with the right code to redirect to the event_reg.php page ??

Thank you all for your time. This code is from a working website that I have slowly been making changes to so that it is more "bullet proof". At the moment, members can register as many times as they like.

Here is my code

////////////******************* CHECK IF THE PERSON HAS ALREADY REGISTERED FOR THIS EVENT ******************//////////

$query2 = "SELECT * FROM `booking_sheet` WHERE `last_name`='$last_name' AND `email`='$email' AND `events_id`='$events_id' LIMIT 1";

$res2 = mysql_query($query2);

if (mysql_num_rows($res2) >= 1) {//if already registered redirect to the event_reg.php page

// Redirect:

header("Location: localhost:8888/at46_local/event_reg.php");

echo "CAN YOU SEE THIS TEST";

exit(); // Quit the script.

} else { //Allow to register for this event

while ($row2 = mysql_fetch_array($res2))

{

$booking_sheet_id = $row2['booking_sheet_id'];

}

}