Larry Ullman's Book Forums

Failed To Connect To Mail Server?

When i was testing out the "Forgot Password" part, after i entered the email, i got an error message saying, "An error occurred in script 'C:\xampp\htdocs\forgot_password.php' on line 44: mail() [function.mail]: Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set()". I don't know what to do to fix this problem. I need to know what it means and how to fix it.

yeeeaaa i remember, i have a problem with locatiing that file :blink: i keep hearing about that, "php.ini" do i have to create it? or is it already put somewhere? if so, then where? I have looked for it before, but couldn't find it...maybe i was searching in the wrong areas .

its inside C:\xampp\php\php.ini it's already created. Follow that tutorial and it worked for me, you only have to edit about 3 lines of it. You possibly wont know so i'll tell you njow, basically the ini file configures lots of stuff, things with a semi-colon " ; " are affecting commenting out commands, so when you remove the semi-colon the line becomes active so to speak.